Tuesday, August 7, 2007

July 2007: Bye Bye, House!


July 15th, we bid our house goodbye!

M lived in this house for 6 years and 1 month. In the last 1 year, we spent our life together in this house after we got married.

We loved spending time on the deck in the wooded backyard;
In late spring, we liked to sit in the sun near the edge of the deck, doing whatever.
In early summer, we liked to sit in the shade, grilling, eating and drinking away.

Another of our favorite (Gus would agree to this) is the sliding door;
In the winter, Gus will spend all day staring through the glass door watching for signs of other critters. Any slight movements of any sort would not escape his eyes. He would normally growl so ferociously when he sighted any intruders.

I hope the birds in the backyard woods will miss us. M is always very generous about feeding the birds in the winter - we had 3 bird feeders! However, I think the squirrels would miss him more since they are so notorious about stealing birds' feed. In the summer, we normally feed the hummingbirds by the daylilies.

We will miss our yard, back deck, trees, cardinals, squirrels and chipmunks when we move into the little teenie weenie townhome.

At the same time, according to CY's-oh-so-optimistic-mom, "The new thing won't come if the old thing does not go".

I promise you, we are up to something!

Below pictures:
(left) Loading the little red truck to be sent to M's dad for repair.
(right) messy townhome!


4 comments:

Mumsy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. That was very nice of you to say!

I created my headers/banners in Photoshop. But, you don't have to have Photoshop to make one. I started out using MS Paint--before I got PS. You can use any program that will create a JPEG or GIF.

If you want, you can e-mail me at cafejohnsonia@yahoo.com and I can send you the info on how to add a banner to your heading.

My banner is about 880 pixels by 252 pixels. You might just have to play around with it a bit.

嘉莹 said...

hihi, glad to know your news thru blog, where are u moving to?
keep on blogging ya...i'll be your reader...

CYnM said...

Hi Lindsey, thanks!

Hi Cousin! Same here.
We are building a new house 1 mile away from this house. I am still working on putting up the photos here. Stay tuned! Say hi to your mom & papa for me.

Anonymous said...

Aiyo, so long nvr visit ur blog. u knw me... busy la :P
kolian ma-ke gege's house...
u shd get me a chip-mun when i was there... bhind the house.. i want chip-mun! i want chip-mun!