Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Procrastinator's Confession

I learned that it was National Procrastination Week 2 weeks ago.
So I procrastinated for 1 week before I tell you about the celebration.
Then I procratinated for 2 days before I finished writing this up.

National Procrastination Week is the 2nd week of March.

The purpose,
>some says, it is so that you can procrastinate without any guilt
>some says, to raise awareness about procrastination and use this as an opportunity to correct one's bad habit.
Which one do you think it is?

Depending on one's personality, the reason/s for procrastination varies.

I know some who procrastinate because they are perfectionist, afraid of failing, lazy, least of their interests, lowest on their priority list, idealistic etc. Whatever their reasons might be, it is a very very difficult habit to break.

A procrastinator's confession:
>Why do it now while you still have tomorrow?
>I perform better under pressure.
>I need to take a nap first so that I can focus later.
>This is so boooh-ring...
>Is this good enuff?!
>Double underline, or thicker singe line - which one looked better?
>Which choice of words is better?
>I will do it later la..

Maybe you have some to share with us - later, of course, I mean :)

Written by CY (who else in this household will be more qualified to write about this than her?)

2 comments:

kampung girl said...

I figured I've honored procrastination week enough by procrastinating till now to leave a comment. The only problem is, I had forgotten what I wanted to say in the 1st place. :D

kampung girl said...

Oh and also, sometimes my reasons would be,
oh i'm too depressed/happy/tired to think/care/do.
or..
we should always stop to smell the roses 1st
or..
i am hungry
or..
i need to go poop

Strange how many frequently I need to poop when I'm writing my thesis. :p